Mørenot continues to strengthen its position as a leading supplier within aquaculture and fisheries. Together, Mørenot and Hvalpsund Net will deliver even better products.
For some time, Mørenot has had a strategic aim to establish a strong position on plastic cages for fish farming. With the acquisition of Hvalpsund Net, a great baseline for future growth on plastic cages will be one of several exciting opportunities materializing. Overall, Mørenot and Hvalpsund will be able to better serve common and new customers with innovative and efficient products and solutions.
- Through hard work and solid dedication for a long period of time, Hvalpsund Net has been developed into an agile company with strong customer relationships, and a safe and good workplace for its employees. Mørenot, which provides solutions for sustainable harvesting of seafood, will combined with Hvalpsund be able to offer more competitive solutions and develop even more innovative products across all markets, says Arne Birkeland, CEO of Mørenot.
Hvalpsund Net, which supplies equipment and services to customers in fisheries and aquaculture, has grown steadily over many years based on the development of new and innovative products and close and strong customer relationships.
- The companies have unique strengths and opportunities that will now be extracted to an even greater extent. We will continue to develop the position Hvalpsund has built on plastic cages, nets and fishing gear by investing in further product development across the product portfolio. At the same time, we will continue to deliver individual products separately, but at the same time also develop complete and integrated cage solutions in some markets, says Birkeland.
Last year, FSN Capital, a Northern-European investment fund, acquired Mørenot. Its strategy is to partner with the founding families to further develop the Group's already strong position in aquaculture and fisheries. The acquisition of Hvalpsund is the 4th time FSN and the other investors have invested additional capital to grow and develop Mørenot with the strategy to become the leading supplier to fisheries and aquaculture.
- The acquisition of Hvalpsund is very exciting and offers many new avenues for further growth. We fully support the very offensive growth journey undertaken by the Mørenot mgmt. team. Hvalpsund and their employees are a fantastic addition to Mørenot. Together, the companies will continue to support customers in the seafood industry, create a safe and prosperous workplace for all employees and be an important contributor to the local communities, says Ola Kvalheim, Investment Manager at FSN Capital.
Peter Poulsen, who joined the company in 1966 and took over as CEO in 1974, have together with his family been majority shareholders in Hvalpsund Net since 1974. All the previous owners of Hvalpsund will reinvest a significant share of the proceeds in Mørenot and remain an active part of the future development of the partnership.
Kvalheim applauds the Poulsen family for the solid work on building a great company, wish all the former owners welcome both as fellow shareholders and colleagues in Mørenot and are anxiously looking forward to a prosperous partnership together.
Both the employees, the management and the owners of Hvalpsund Net are very happy to have Mørenot as owner and partner.
- Hvalpsund Net and Mørenot together is a great fit and will strengthen our efforts to continuously develop the business and organization to the best of our employees and customers. It was important for us to bring in a partner who shared our values and visions and wanted to invest for the future, says Peter Poulsen, CEO of Hvalpsund Net.
He believes that the new owner brings many exciting opportunities to further develop the organization.
- Mørenot is the leading supplier to the aquaculture and fishing industry globally and it will give us a fantastic opportunity to build on each other's strengths, knowledge and experience to deliver even better products to our customers, says Poulsen.
For more information:
Arne Birkeland, CEO of Mørenot: email@example.com / +47 977 15 013
Ola Kvalheim, Investment Manager at FSN Capital: firstname.lastname@example.org / +47 468 20 462
Facts about Hvalpsund Net
• Supplier of aquaculture and fisheries equipment to customers in Norway, UK, Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Canada, the Mediterranean, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
• Supplies plastic cages, nets and other equipment for the aquaculture industry as well as seines, longlines, pots and other equipment for the fishing industry.
• Founded in 1934
• Has around 90 employees based mainly in Denmark, Poland and Norway.
• Managing Director: Peter Poulsen
Facts about Mørenot
• Mørenot has been a supplier of technical equipment to the marine industry for 70 years.
• Is currently a leading global developer and manufacturer of equipment for the fisheries, aquaculture and offshore industries, and will after the acquisition have more than NOK 1.2 billion in sales and more than 700 employees.
• Mørenot is present in 19 locations in Norway, from Haugesund in the south to Båtsfjord in the north, where they produce and deliver equipment and services to customers in aquaculture, fishing and offshore.
• Through the acquisition of Hvalpsund, the company will further strengthen its position internationally with operations in a total of 15 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia.